Controllers & HMI
The Controllers and Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions from Micromax Technology are designed to help you with any and all aspects of monitoring, logging and controlling your data.
Find out more
- Graphical TFT touch
- Embedded Video Engine (EVE) TFT series
- DevDevil board
- PC Bay insert
- Interface module
Graphical TFT touch
Embedded Video Engine (EVE) TFT series
The Matrix Orbital EVE product range utilises FTDI’s second generation Embedded Video Engine (EVE) to control, render, manage and display complex graphics on a full colour TFT touch screen. It has 1MB of graphics RAM, allowing motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos to be played back in both portrait and landscape mode. Data can be displayed through a set of widgets such as gauges, spinners, sliders and bar graphs.
Additional features include added touch control hardware, capable of recognising and tracking touch movement and providing notification for up to 255 touch objects. Mono 8-bit linear audio wave playback at sampling frequencies from 8 kHz to 48 kHz is made possible by the built in sound synthesizer and digital filter.
The EVE 2 communicates using SPI protocol, and can be configured for quad SPI communication. Using SPI communication protocol makes the EVE 2 compatible with many microcontrollers available on the market, including the FTDI FT900, NPX 17XX, Arduino and many more. With built-in graphics operations and support for multiple widgets, development of a high-quality user interface screens is simplified.
- One 20×2 or 20×4 LCD or VFD display
- Mini-USB onboard connector with USB cable
- 6 general purpose outputs (GPOs) or 6 LEDs
- Dallas one wire support
- 7 physical buttons
- 5 x 5 keypad matrix input found on their production counterparts
RS232, USB, TTL, and I2C protocols offered through a dynamic switch block, standard headers for all protocols are offered on the board, as well as a variety of input power options.
Powering up the DevDevil can be as easy as connecting to the mini-USB connector on board. Alternate power options include an AC adapter, power through the DB9 header, and 4 pin data/power input.
Back to Key Features Contact Us
PC Bay insert
PC Bay Insert Contents:
- Character or graphic LCD or character VFD
- PC Bay Insert mounting bracket
- Communication cable and power cable
When you order a PC Drive Bay Insert, it comes pre-assembled so you only need a Philips screw driver to put it inside your computer.
The X-Board is the simple solution for an economical interface board. Add Matrix Orbital’s intelligence to your existing parallel character LCD or VFD for quick and easy prototyping. Features include Matrix Orbital’s industry standard intelligence, 3 GPO’s, software controlled back light and contrast, and supports a variety of interfaces. Use the S-Series for serial and TTL, the I-Series for I2Cor the U-Series for USB.
X-Board features include:
- 8 user definable characters
- Almost any 4-bit parallel display can be added to the X-board interface
- Uses a simple 4-bit serial bus interface
- 9600bps or 19.2 Kbps serial communication speed (Jumper Selectable)
- RS-232 or TTL Compatible (Jumper Selectable)
- Ability to add a customized splash / startup screen
- 32 levels of software controlled brightness for an PLED display
- 4 levels of software controlled brightness for an VFD display
- 32 levels of software controlled contrast for an LCD display
- Three general purpose outputs for a variety of applications
- Horizontal or vertical bar graphs
- Large digit capability on applicable displays (a display that consists of 4 rows)
12” ARM-based IP65 Touch Panel Computer HC-3120
Features of the HC-3120:
- Fanless and rugged design
- 12” TFT LED backlight LCD display with Projective Capacity Touch
- TI AM3354 Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 32-Bit RISC Processor
- Onboard 256MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Onboard storage eMMC 512MB NAND Flash
- IP65 compliant front panel, resistant to water and dust
- Rich I/O with RS-232, USB, CAN bus and Gigabit LAN
- Easy panel mount, no screw holes needed
- Low power consumption, +18~+30Vdc wide range input